Thursday 18 March 2010

The demise of the snazzy pink rucksack.............

Oh dear the snazzy pink rucksack has to be left behind and won't get a chance to see the Silk Road.  Everything fitted into it, clothes, sleeping mats, bowl, mug, cutlery and all the rest............ except the sleeping bag!  And the if I am going to be camping in the mountains as promised I want that -15 sleeping bag with me.  So it was replace and repack and I've sneaked  a couple of extra books in as well.  So Marco Polo goes with me as well as Tales from the Bazaars (Aminah Shah) to travel the Silk Road with its stories.   Departure day is iminent - I stay with friends in Surrey tomorrow and I know that they are "true" friends because they are going to get me to Heathrow for 0630 in the morning on Sunday.  Then it is Istanbul and the Silk Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment